Exercising will be a key factor in the willful release of the yellow-tinged gelatinous gunk that resides within the phospholipid bi-layered membranes of my adipose cells. (Describing fat that way is supposed to disgust me thereby motivate me into a more willing frame of mind to get rid of it. Stay tuned to see how that goes.) Since the plan is to use exercise tapes, (Yes tapes! They're on VHS. Just deal with that. OK? I will digitize them before they die. I promise, but it's way far down on the agenda.) in the privacy of my own home, the home must be readied so that these tapes will get my fat ass moving.
Anyway, I do these exercise tapes hosted by the generally-despised-by-comedian figures of Richard Simmons and Jane Fonda. Stop laughing! I adored Richard Simmons back in the day and on my tapes he is still the cute fun guy of my memory and not the haggard and wrinkly version he embodies today. I like Sweatin' to the Oldies. I have tapes 1 - 4 plus disco sweat and some other random one for which you use stretchy cords. Now Jane Fonda is an asshole, but her aerobics classes on tape are actually fun and multileveled so I can push harder as I get more fit. Also, she shares the front spot with others so I am not always following orders from her, but other more fun and far more personable instructors as well. These tapes are my friends in some way. I have visited them in the past and they never disappoint: I always break a sweat and feel mostly coordinated when doing the steps. That's worth something. Right?
As I said yesterday, the winter has been a bear and I have been slothful if not mostly immobile when it comes to housework and the like. So the condo needs to be cleaned, especially the living room & dining room which is where much of the aerobic exercise activity will take place. Stuff must be put back where it goes and a thorough vacuuming followed by carpet cleaning is in order here. That way when I get down on the floor for the stretching and crunches, it wont be icky. In order to accomplish this I may need to sacrifice some social life, which is not a pleasant thought, but once it's done, it's done.
The next thing will take place in my spare room. I need to schlep the Total Gym up from the garage and set it up in there. The thing takes up a ton of space when it is set up so the guest air mattress will be stripped of its bedding and deflated to make room for the behemoth. It is in this room that the strength training and muscle building exercise will take place. Increasing strength and muscle mass is essential to upping my resting metabolism while the aerobics portion of the exercise routine is about using up calories to drop the weight. See? I know what I'm supposed to do and why. I've always known. It's that damn DOING that's the challenge.
Preparations will commence in the morning before work when I will begin to straighten and perhaps vacuum. Tomorrow I will talk about a few people who are serving as inspiration sources for ::: start echo here :::: The Losing of the Faaaaaatttttt!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment