Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Voice

I am revealing this out of curiosity as to how others deal with their own not-so-pleasant inner voices.  I do not want sympathy because I love my life and choose to find and experience joy & happiness every day. What I do I want to know is YOUR story! 

I watched the video below earlier today and was so moved... then a few hours later as I was readying myself to go out and meet some friends I was brutally berated by my internal voice for being ugly, fat, unlovable and otherwise disgusting. Logically I know that the "fat" part is fact and the rest is up for debate. I also know that others have similar voices inside their heads. Some are the voices of their mothers. Some are the voices of their first crush. Some are their own invention. Why can't we silence that voice?  Do you have one? Or did you?  If you were able to stop it, how did you do it?

Here's the link to the video: The Beautiful Body Project

The kicker for me is, even though this happens between my ears, I really am a happy person and am very fortunate.  I am continually grateful and I love my life so much!  I guess loving life and loving self are not mutually exclusive. This inner dialog is a glitch in my otherwise well-adjusted system and I have a feeling you may experience something similar.  

So what does your inner voice say to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment